Preferred Contractors Insurance
Our preferred program was built for construction contractors.
There’s no shortage of risks in today’s construction industry. Binks insurance and surety specialists offer extensive experience and a deep knowledge of the construction industry. Whether you’re bidding for a job, assessing your job site or poring over a big contract, Binks can protect you from unintended risks.
Custom coverage for construction contractors
If you’ve got a construction-related exposure, Binks likely already has a solution – or will work to develop customized coverage – that meets your needs. Binks provides uncompromised focus and dedication to deliver flexible and innovative solutions from bid to build, and beyond. We have a wide range of risk control services to reduce your risks and first-class claim handling to help keep your mind on your business and operations moving even when the unexpected happens.
Insurance for contractors and construction companies
- Property and business interruption
- Commercial general liability and umbrella, including accidental pollution
- Fleet auto coverage on an account basis
- Contractors equipment
- Blanket or project-specific – construction/builder’s risk/installation floater coverage as well as delay in opening and soft cost coverage
- Equipment breakdown
- Contractors pollution liability
- Ocean marine coverage, including delay in start-up (DSU) coverage
- Contractor Surety products:
- Bid bonds
- Performance bonds
- Payment bonds
Large, small or something in between, Binks has it covered
Small construction companies are different from midsize companies. And they’re both different from the big players. That’s why Binks has account executives, risk control and claims specialists with an in-depth knowledge of construction companies of every size.
Our Preferred Contractor Program is for Preferred Contractors:
- Established civil, electrical, mechanical, specialized trade and general contractors – minimum revenue of $5 million
- Contractors whose owner/management/key on-site personnel have a minimum of 10 years of contracting experience
- Stand-alone course of construction and/or wrap-up coverage for construction projects insured by either the owner (owner-controlled insurance program) or the contractor (contractor-controlled insurance program)
- Insured projects including but not limited to:
- Construction/erection work for Buildings, Hospitals, Production facilities, Warehouses, Highways, Streets, Bridges, Tunnels, Structural steel erections
- Installation work for: Sewers, water mains and pipelines, Plumbing, heating and air conditioning, Mechanical and electrical infrastructure and systems