About Travelers Canada
We are Travelers Canada
Travelers Insurance Company of Canada, The Dominion, and St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company of Canada are the Canadian licensed insurers known as Travelers Canada.
We do things right
Whether it’s selecting the best coverage for a customer’s situation, responding to a broker’s request, educating a client on ways to reduce risk, or managing a claim, at Travelers Canada, we work hard to get things right. Our commitment to outstanding service combined with our comprehensive insurance-based solutions gives businesses the confidence they need to feel secure.
We have local presence and international strength
In Canada, Travelers combines financial strength and international reach with local knowledge and expertise. As the Canadian arm of The Travelers Companies, Inc., we are part of an industry-leading organization committed to continuously evolving to meet customers’ ever-changing needs. In Canada, our 450 employees in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax serve commercial customers from coast to coast.
We are specialists in underwriting, claims services and risk control
We work hard at the science of what we do: we analyze information, assess risk and measure results. We create the best possible combination of products and services for our broker partners and our customers. We strive to deliver outstanding service by excelling in three core insurance functions: underwriting, risk control and claims services.
We cover exposures, wherever they are located
For customers with exposures outside of Canada, we provide products and services to satisfy country insurance requirements via partners who have in-depth knowledge and local compliance expertise. Our colleagues in the United States are at-the-ready to service Canadian-based accounts with exposures south of the border.
We have a long history in Canada
- In 2009, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company and Travelers Guarantee Company of Canada merged their property casualty and surety operations under the name Travelers Canada.
- St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company began operating in Canada in 1928
- Travelers Guarantee traces its Canadian roots back to 1988
- In 2012, Travelers Guarantee Company of Canada changes its name to Travelers Insurance Company of Canada. The Canadian licensed insurers Travelers Insurance Company of Canada and St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company of Canada continue to be known as Travelers Canada.
Travelers is a leading property and casualty insurance company
One of FORTUNE magazine’s “Most Admired Companies”
A world-class insurance group with business insurance expertise
- Over 30,000 employees in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland and Brazil
- Partners in more than 80 countries
- Total assets of approximately $105 billion, shareholders’ equity of $24 billion and total revenue of $25 billion, as of Dec. 31, 2011
- A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
Travelers Canada and Binks
Binks can trace its relationship with Travelers back to 1918. Talk to us about The Travelers for all your commercial insurance needs. We’ll build a secure future together.